NVCH’s Home Sharing Match Up (HSMU) program, a partnership with Napa County and the City of Napa, began in 2015. The program matches qualified Home Seekers with Home Providers and is an affordable and safe solution for renters looking to rent rooms and homeowners with additional space.
NVCH promotes and encourages living arrangements in which people share a home based on preferences, common needs, and interests; each participant application is reviewed and screened.
Steps include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The program evaluates Home Seekers as Home Share candidates.
- NVCH Staff completes in-home assessments and evaluates references.
- Applicants go through a formal screening process including reference checks and criminal background checks.
- Assistance with housing agreements and completing a contract is also built into the process.
- The program offers ongoing support and mediation as desired.